Here are the details:
* USATF Certified course for all races
* 5K, 10K, 6 hour, 12 hour and 24 hour races. New - strollers allowed in 5K and 10K
* Races are chipped timed * Kids run - Run with Santa, Kids get bib, t-shirt, medal. And it's FREE. Fun run (kids races) are free and all participants will receive an AWESOME medal, a t-shirt, a bib. 2 runs - Friday night and Saturday night 30 minutes before 5K/10K.
* Awesome medals for all finishers
* Unique awards. Nutcrackers will be awarded to 10 year gap age group category winners for 5k/10k
* Nutcracker awards for top 3 male/female open and masters in ultra events
* All races get race bibs, t-shirts
* 5K/10K get bonus swag in addition to shirt (yet TBD, but should be equally as awesome)
* Ultra events get bonus swag in addition to shirt (yet TBD, but should be equally as awesome)
* Ultra runners who get 100 or more miles in their event will earn a custom CiJ belt buckle
* Costume contests
* "1 mile" loop for ultra events will be lined with lit luminaries
* Evening times on both Friday and Saturday nights: 5K - Friday at , 10K - Saturday at
* Ultra timed events, all start on Friday night kicking off with 24 Hour from Saturday; 12 Hour , and 6 hour .
* Ultras - no DNF - run as much or as little as you like! All participants get an award plus get shirt and extra bonus swag that is sure to be awesome!
* Fully stocked aid station with meals served for ultras. Water, electrolyte drink, and snacks at the 5k/10k aid station
The race swag for this event is phenomenal! Last year I did the 5k (race recap here) and absolutely loved it! This year the weekend of events kicks off on Friday July 17th in Lisle Community Park. This event is great for the entire family, even the kiddos can earn a medal with the kids run. I was considering this race for my first ultra considering you're able to do as many miles as you can within the given time limit rather than needing to do a set amount of miles in a certain period of time. One of my running friends, Kim, ran the 24 hour ultra last year and loved it!
If you're so excited you can't wait to sign up use the code NATALIPROMO10 to save 10% off right now. I'll be giving away either a free entry to the 5k or 10k OR $75 off one of the ultra events. Drop a comment with which distance you'd like to do any why. I'll be choosing a winner on Friday so hurry and enter soon!